Morning Glory Muffins
My favorite gluten free morning glory muffins are healthy, gluten free and loaded with carrots, zucchini, apple, cranberries, seeds and coconut. They are super easy to make and sure to become one of your favorite breakfast or after school snacks.
What Are Morning Glory Muffins Made Of
Traditionally morning glory muffins are made of a little bit of everything whole wheat flour, carrots, raisins, apple and coconut.
Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins
Our gluten free recipe takes this up a notch by including zucchini applesauce, dried cranberries, hemp seeds and sunflower seeds. Plus we use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour to make these amazingly moist and healthy muffins perfectly gluten free.
Vegan Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins
Our morning glory muffin recipe is also vegan as we don’t use eggs or any other animal products. We use homemade applesauce in the recipe which adds to the moist texture and flavor. Making this a versatile muffin for all.
Morning Glory Muffin Ingredients
- Gluten Free Flour Blend
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Ginger
- Grated Zucchini
- Grated Apple
- Grated Carrot
- Olive Oil
- Flaked Coconut
- Hemp Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
One Bowl Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffin Recipe
Yes, you read that right one bowl. When I said easy I meant it. All the ingredients in one bowl, mix it up, scoop into a muffin tray and bake. Easy to make and easy to clean up. These are healthy busy life friendly muffins using ingredients you have.
Super Easy Gluten Free Morning Glory MuffinsCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Super easy, one bowl, gluten free morning glory muffins you can enjoy for breakfast or a snack. They freeze great for grab and go mornings.
2 cups gluten free flour blend (we used Bob’s Red Mill)
1 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
2 tsp gluten free baking soda
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves (optional)
3/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup peeled grated apple
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F)
- Line muffin tins with papers
- In a large bowl combine gluten free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon and spices.
- Grate zucchini, carrot, apple and set aside
- Add applesauce, oil, vanilla, grated zucchini, grated carrot, grated apple, craisins, coconut and seeds to flour mixture and stir to combine
- Fill muffin tins evenly. This recipe will make twelve standard muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 for another 15 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool completely and enjoy at room temperature or serve warm. Muffins can be frozen for long term storage.
Morning Glory Recipe Ideas
As I noted above a morning glory muffin is a little bit of everything. So use what you have on hand. If you don’t have zucchini, use summer squash, pumpkin or pineapple. Instead of carrots use parsnips.
Use a variety of seeds or opt to add nuts instead. Raisins or any dried fruit can be added instead of the craisins. If you like more spice add cloves and nutmeg too.
Make the muffin your own. Use what you have in the pantry. These muffins are meant to be hearty, healthy, easy to create and super yummy.